Thermometer Accuracy - Liquid Crytal or Traditional?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what kind of thermometer people find more accurate and reliable:

The Liquid Crystal 'stick on the outside' one that changes color

Or

The traditional thermometer that you stick in the tank and float or attach with a suction cup?

I have BOTH in my 40 SW and 90 FW. The Liquid Crystal thermometer on both read 2 degree colder than the traditional.

Both keep a constant temp reading...which is most important, but I am treating my FW aquarium with the Heat/Salt method...and i NEED to get the temp up to 86...I am just not sure which thermometer to trust!

Thanks

WC

actually, i'd spend a couple more bucks and get one of those Coralife digital thermometers. they are more accurate, easy to read, and go to 10th's of a degree.

I use a digital thermometer but I also keep a glass one in my fuge. Both read exactly the same so I would say the glass one's are pretty accurate. The problem is you have to go out of your way to read it which could spell disaster if you are not looking at it at least once or twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom