This is my last go at BTAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so my last nem got obliterated by a power head and the one before that was a non healthy one that I thought I could save. So for the sake of my candy cane coral Being harassed by my clown I bought one more. Here he is settled down into a nice spot. Now stay there. Please!!!

image-3907800682.jpg

image-1673469325.jpg

image-2585597639.jpg

Thanks! I had a gift certificate and I brought in some chaeto and they gave me a great deal on it so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

Yea it's a pretty small nem and my clown is only about an inch and a half. Little guy but so cute, for now

And here we go again. I woke up this morning and the nem is in the back of the rock work. Nem on the move!!! Now I go to work and worry all day about it stinging corals. Yay!!!!!

You know Jake, I'm wondering about your lights still. If memory serves me, you posted about your light and they were LEDs, which seemed to be adaquate based on the info you provided, but they were a brand I've not heard of, or ever heard anybody else say they use. Perhaps that is the problem after all. Can you repost info on your lights again.

The only issue I see there is

Also Available With Remote For Dimming Capabilities!!!

Makes me wonder if the lights have been remotely dimmed (if you don't have a remote), perhaps at the factory to a too low setting.

Well I tried to attach the link but it didn't work. But here they are. They are like all the other LEDs that people here are running. I got them from my lfs and everyone around here runs them. I have two over a 55 gallon about 7 inches from the top of the tank. I installed some dimmers so you can adjust bot blue and white, only problem is I'm not sure how bright is to bright. It seems like if u out them all the way up corals near the top of the tank get scorched. I places the nem about mid tank and it came from the lfs with the same lights so I'm not sure light acclimating would make a difference. Anyways it always seems to move at night when the lights are off.

image-1942050656.jpg

Here is the nems new spot as of today. Bottom back corner. I can't win with these things.

image-501284399.jpg

Since it moves only when light is off it must be something to do with your water circulation. It is looking for just the moderate flow which is not too strong and no flow. You might direct a small ph above where you want it to be.

It could be flow. I have 3 power heads in there. Maybe I should kill one at night?

Ok so here it is on day three. Coming out from the rocks a bit. Hopefully he doesn't just let go.

image-92039381.jpg

Back
Top Bottom