Time for some more coral and fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Headin to my buddy lyles fish room today, need help deciding on a fish or two for my 40 gallon! Hes got some mandarins i really like, also some nice clowns, coral beauty and flame angels, yellow tangs, foxfaces, anglers, and some gobys and blennys. I currently have two damsels, and a lawnmower blenny.

I also wanted to pick up an anemone.. My params are flawless and have been for the past month. Hes got a huge red bubble tip .. Like massive.. Any thoughts?

Definitely not a mandarin. It will most likely, slowly, starve to death. No tangs or foxface either. Your tank isn't large enough for them. I would wait a while on the anemone. Wait till your tank matures a bit.
Anglers are cool, but they will eat inverts, and small fish.

The 2 damsels worry me. They may pick on anything else you add if they decide that tank is "theirs". I would look at the flame or coral beauty angel.

The Damsels worry me a bit also due to their aggressive nature, some are more aggressive than others I believe, however.

The damsels i have are chill. I named em bob and marley.. Ahaha they both hang at opposite ends of the tank, and when they do meet its like two dogs playin then they get bored instantly its fun to watch them i have a bi color chromis and a small very timid white yellow and blue chromis ive watched his coral beaut nip at gsp and xenia.
Thats why i took the xenia last week, and i have gsp as well. i might go with a pair of clowns or a goby shrimp combo

Also mr x. His mandarins are trained on brine and mysis. Ive watched them. He has them in iso tanks for sale, all plumbed into a master system. I no not many pods get to them at all. And hes had them for 6 months

Unfortunately, I have heard that Mandarins can revert back to their natural food source at any time. :(

True true, do they eat amohipods? Cause i have billions of those. Just not much for copepods

You don't have enough pods in a 40 gallon tank to sustain a mandarin long term. There's just not enough rock. As stated above, I don't trust that they will eat prepared foods indefinitely.
Nothing worse than sitting and watching the creatures under your care wither away before your eyes.
I've done it to a Copper Banded Butterfly. It was very sad.

Im probably going to pic up a new coral and a clown :) my tank is going on 3 months right now and i have pristine water conditions !

Get a Midas blenny! Flame angel or some other type of dwarf would be sweet.

Thats odd. Ive noticed on live aquaria it reccomends a minimum of a 30 gallon tank

Don't believe everything you read. There's a good amount of copied and pasted misinformation on the big livestock sites.

I picked up a black clownfish and a haitian anenome for free as he had about 20 of them in his tank and said buy a fish get a nem for free! Acclaimating them both as we speak!

My nem was in the tank for 5 mins and found his spot!

Attachments

• image-4261173256.jpg
    image-4261173256.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom