Tiny Maxima - 3g pico?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found a steal of a deal on a stunning little pink maxima - it's one inch. I'm very tempted but I am not going to purchase until I'm absolutely sure I can provide everything it needs.

My current tank is a 3G pico with TWO stock 9w 50/50s, and I would be happy to build a small contraption to raise and isolate the clam (also for plankton feeding purposes.)

Could I keep this clam healthy? I have a plating monti growing happily, in fact I just fragged it, so I predict I would have enough light.

Any help greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't buy a one inch clam for any tank. That's just too small. Anything under 3" has an insanely high mortality rate in captivity. 1" I wouldn't even mess with

I wouldn't buy a one inch clam for any tank. That's just too small. Anything under 3" has an insanely high mortality rate in captivity. 1" I wouldn't even mess with

Ok, thanks Bribo, I'll hold off on clams for now. Anyways, I'm heading over to the LFS to order a Pom Pom :)

Nice! Pom poms are the best! I mean I you're getting it for like $10 it may be worth a try but I'm just quite wary of tiny clams.

Nice! Pom poms are the best! I mean I you're getting it for like $10 it may be worth a try but I'm just quite wary of tiny clams.

Thanks, really excited to see it and the nems (the LFS manager said they always get ones with both of their nems!)

And yeah, makes sense about the clams being small and harder to keep alive. Just out of curiosity, how many young do clams produce every so often? Some animals produce tons of babies only for most to die, so I was wondering if it's similar for clams?

Back
Top Bottom