VHO bulb housing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently PC lighting on my tank, but want to add a VHO actinic bulb to get more color. i have the bulb, ballast, everything i need basically to hook it up, but i need something to put it in. i dont have a canopy so i cant retro fit it. does anyone know where i can get whatever thing is to put a single VHO bulb in.

Thanks

You need to buy a hood (which will have the ballast already installed), unless you want to totally DIY and buy the endcaps and build your own hood.

You can get VHO lighting hoods from just about any fish retailer both online and offline. Not too sure about the endcaps. Perhaps someone else will know where those can be had.

i already have the end caps, i just don't know where to find the hood. Does anyone know where i could find one?

Check at www.ahsupply.com . They have some enclosures that they sell for their PC systems. I'm pretty sure they are bare with no ballast or wiring installed. You might be able to use one of them for your VHO bulb.

I can get ABS lighting canopies that are empty but you will need to modify it to suit.

Back
Top Bottom