What fish or shrimp should I add to a tank with a damsel already in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thinking of adding shrimp and fish to my saltwater aquarium. Can I add a shrimp to my aquarium that has a damsel in it? Will it be ok? Can I add a fish to my aquarium with a damsel in it? Will the fish be ok? Is their any techniques to introduce shrimp or fish to an aquarium with a yellow tailed damsel safely? And since this will be my last fish added to the aquarium what should I get? I want it to be unique and reef safe. Also in the price range of 5-30$. What type of shrimp should I get?what type of shrimp would be most helpful to my aquarium? Also in the same price range.
If you want to know what I have in my aquarium so the shrimp/fish that you recommend me can be Compatable to what I have, I got:
A pair of clown fish
A fire fish
1 yellow tailed damsel
Hermit crabs
Snails
Feather duster worm
and Corals.

If this is your 25 gallon, I wouldn't be adding anything else, fish-wise...... You're pretty well stocked as it is. And, Damsels are typically problematic towards other fish, not inverts..... you could probably put a cleaner shrimp in there if you'd like, but I'd probably call that it as far as that tank goes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom