What's the best cleaner critter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the best cleaner critter?

• cleaner wrasse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cleaner goby

• cleaner shrimp

• Total voters
IMO, the cleaner shrimp is the best choice. It will take to alternate foods and is not prone to get the parasite it is cleaning from the fish. One thing to note...none of the "cleaner" critters are efficient enough to control an outbreak of ick or velvet in a closed system. If you suspect (or know) your fish has a parasitic infestation...it should be removed to a q-tank and treated appropriately.

I've read numerous sources saying to leave the cleaner wrasse where it belongs: in its natural habitat...in the ocean, of course. :) I'm going to be getting a cleaner shrimp and a neon blue goby. But I don't have any experience with either yet. Just letting ya know what I'd heard about the cleaner wrasse. :)

i was told that cleaner wrasses actually when opened up that they found that they eat the flesh off the fish and that its thought that if feed raw fish that your chances to keep alive would be better !! not sure if i believe that but i confronted the owner at living seas aquarium after he said that they dont sell fish that wouldnt survive in an aquarium and that there is a organization that is trying to control the selling of such animals !! but then had a hawaiian wrasse which i believe are one of the worst to keep !! their better looking for sure but still !!

Won't cleaner wrassles and cleaner gobys when they get larger stop their cleaning habits?

Back
Top Bottom