What's the diffrence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a little confused :?: :?: :?: :?: , What is the diffrence between IodiNE and IodiDE, From what I understand IodiNE is toxic to livestock and IodiDE is not???

Can someone please help clear this up for me?

Thanks.[/b]

Iodine is a naturally ocurring element (Atomic number 53).

Iodide is an negative ion of Iodine and I believe only exists in combination with other elements that bond at the electron leve (for example Potasium Iodide, sodium Iodide, Silver Iodide).

But there is quite a bit required to answer this question as to what the different effects are. Any chemists Arround?

I was looking at a bottle of Seachem IODIDE and I was just wondering if there is any point to using that over IODINE???

I hate chem! :?

Actually, there is no need to use either. Regular waterchanges and feedings will provide your tank inhabitants with all the iodine they need.

Iodine is a naturally ocurring element (Atomic number 53).
Hey TheMadNucleus.... What do you do for a living? Way too much knowledge for one person. You need some photos in your gallery. With sooo much chemistry knowledge, your tanks must be pristine.

Thanks,

I will be posting some photos - But I'm afraid I've been very stubborn about taking the leap to digital camera, despite the fact that I think film cameras a big pain in the..... So perhaps in the near future I'll be jettisoned into this century :)

As for a living - I manage a group of software engineers for a major investment bank. My background however is engineering and I am a little bit of a geek as I belong to many amateur Science Organizations :)

Tom

Back
Top Bottom