Whats your longest lived fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've only had my tank up since the fall, so I don't qualify. I did have a 55 gallon back in the late 70s-early 80s, set up while in high school. Tore them down when I joined the service. Had a Dwarf Lion, Domino Damsel and a Blue Damsel for 5 years+. But thats is. :wink:
NEXT!! :silly:

our oldest fish is over 8 years with us cuteface the bicolor blenny.

The logest I've ever had one tank set up is about 5 years, I had a pair of pink skunk clowns in a previous tank for a couple of years that moved into that 5 year tank. When I tore it down I sold the clowns, have no idea if they are still artound or not, but I had them for 7 years.

It was a fresh water tank, but I had a pleco for over 10 years. I actualy just lost him last year. I've kept angles upwards of 6 to 7 years in my FW tank as well. My current angle is now 3 or 4 years old I believe. My SW tank has only been up for 1.5 years and I haven't had as much luck with that. I had a Yellow tail for a year, but he also died recently.

Hm... Of my current fish stock the oldest fish would probably be a blue devil damsel. Its going on 3 years since I got it from the LFS.

Oldest fish....

Yup... a may have everyone beaten...twice!

Yellow tail damsel added to tank: Oct 30, 1993. 10yrs, 5 months. Still around.
Convict damsel added to tank: May 14, 1994. 9 yrs, 10 months. Still around.

BTW, these are the ONLY two fish in my tank. Convict is likely to go first as he seems to have a growing gill tumor. (but I said that over a year ago and he shows no sign of having any slowing down)

I'll be talking to the fish tonight and I'll let them know they've done pretty well. I expect they will be "happy", but they'll probably complain that things are like they were in the good old days....and that kids these days show no respect for their elders...

Actually, lie to them, tell them everyone else has them beat, might encourage them to stick around that much longer.

Emperator Angel & a Blue Face Angel purchased @ the same time. Lived together in a 90 gallon tank for 11 & 11.1 years.

Well, in my current tank, the longest-lived (and only) fish is Butch, my little firefish. Got him for Christmas, which makes him a little over 3 months old now. Before that, in my bigger tank I had a snowflake eel that was a full year old before I sold him. The lady I bought him from said she had one that was over 15 years old. 8O

My longest lived fish was a goldfish...5 years...even lived for two years after an encounter with the garbage disposal while cleaning his tank 8O ...The longest in SW I've had is 2 months which is a blood shrimp....but then again, I've only had the tank for 3 months...

I had a dog puffer I got in 1996 that was still living when I traded him to the LFS in 2003. So he was around 7 years old.

I also have a percula clown that I had before the puffer that is in my current tank still. He should be going on 8+ years.

Back
Top Bottom