Which Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vettin2nite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm debating between the ASM G1 and the Coralife SS for my 125 gal fowlr setup...i have room in my sump for either model and was interested in the pros and cons between the two....i'm picking up my cured rock from Premium Aquatics this weekend and am wondering if i should run my skimmer beforehand or not? and if i should turn on my lights? TIA

ASM wins this match I believe, from reports I've heard. If you can pick up the G2 it would be even better.

Run the skimmer as soon as you get it. It will need some break in time along with you will need to fine tune it a bit for a good skimming action. Agreed that the ASM is better. not sure if you are a do it yourself person but you can make better skimmers for less, just a thought though.
good luck with the new skimmer!

the G1 or a CL SS 220.. I would go with the 220.. but.. if its the same sized the ASM wins.. same price the CL SS wins.. IMHO

After measuring my sump (Seaclear 200) i'll probably have to go with the CSS 220...it runs around $170 compared to to $230 for the ASM G2....thanks guys for your input !

Back
Top Bottom