Why are there bubbles in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Quint

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just added a protein skimmer, and improved the water circulation around my tank. Now, there are bubbles all over the place; like the kind you see in aglass of soda.

They are clustered around the pump and the intake for the protein skimmer, but I also see them on the floor of the aquarium, from which bubbles seems to rise pretty continually. I've never seen this before. I'm inclined to think that it's a good sign somehow -- a sign that the skimmer and the increased circulation are making the conditions healthier.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm hoping for something that can be expressed more objectively than my own intuitions. Suggestions?

Which skimmer did you get? I have the same problem with my remora I just installed last week. My instructions said its normal and will get less over 2-3 weeks.

It's a Seaclone. Because, any technology that uses a pun for its brand name is pretty much guaranteed to be effective and reliable.

You're lucky that yours came with some explanation of what to expect. Mine came with some pictures that were only marginally relatable to the contents of the box, and an 800 number that is open for about an hour and a half on alternat Thursdays, if the moon is full, during years when the American League wins the All-Star Game.

Given the fact that I have had chronic problems with Nitrates, and the additional fact that I have never seen anything like this in the past, I can only assume that whatever is going on is good for the tank. I'd just be interested to know what that something is. Or why it happens.

Anyway, good luck with your future protein skimming exploits!

Thanks! You too. Post your results when it starts producing if you can remember, I was gonna go with the one you got but changed my mind.

You're lucky that yours came with some explanation of what to expect. Mine came with some pictures that were only marginally relatable to the contents of the box, and an 800 number that is open for about an hour and a half on alternat Thursdays, if the moon is full, during years when the American League wins the All-Star Game.

Is this an in tank skimmer or is it in a sump?

I'm sorry I can't help or add to the discussion but I just had to let you know I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this because it so funny. Been a while since I've laughed that hard at work (oops!)

Back
Top Bottom