Will just the top of my RO work ok for now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you run water throught the membranes with out dechlorinating it with the carbon chamber you will destroy the membrane fast.

Well I don't need it for long, hopefully only for a week or so until I can probably get the one you have on special to my house :) But running to wal-mart every other day is getting real old.

The membranes will last about 10 gallons before they start to deteriorate.

wait, you say the top 3

so, you have a ro membrane, a di cartridge and a carbon polishing filter correct?

so hook it up that water enters in the carbon polishing filter, through the ro and out the di

that polishing filter will not handle the same GPH that the big ones do, but it will remove the chlorine, just at a slower rate.

It is hard to tell for sure but the top 3 canisters all look like membranes? The lower canisters are where you pre filters and carbon block would be.

if indeed the unit is an aquasafe, than the smallest 'top' canister is a granular carbon polishing filter.

it should have a label on it "carbon filter for taste and odor"

what is wrong with your old RO unit? they are really simple devices, what is broken exactly?

Back
Top Bottom