yellow tang q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reneeanneb

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello i have a yellow tang ,had him for 3 weeks.
1. i thought they were reef safe? he took a bite out of a white sponge?(i think its a sponge lfs said it is)he didnt eat it though he spit it out.
he acts like he is starving to death always on the hunt,everytime he sees someting move hes after it. i feed him twice a day lfs said omega one marine flakes would be sufficent.
as of last nite my reading were
sg 1.022
nitrate 40ppm
nitrite 0
alk 300ppm
ph 8.4
out of ammonia test...it was 0 2 days ago
i dont want to feed anymore until my nitrate goes down some more but is he just not getting enough or is that how they act?
he was also after a red cucumber that is in a hole in my rock (i think that is what he was after)he didnt eat it jus kisses on it i guess you could say.he looks like hes trying to eat anything he can get out of my lr?

Tangs are natural algae grazers. They will test and taste all kinds of things. They pretty much are eating, and picking all the time. You need to hang some nori "dried seaweed" in the tank every other day or every day for a couple of hours for it to munch on.

Back
Top Bottom