Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah maybe i'll do that feeding regiment.. idk tho. Not trying to foul up my water. Might just keep it to once a day every day.

The red bubble things are in my fuge so i don't think they'll be bothering anything but i'll definitely be keeping an eye on them. Don't really have any coral in the tank right now.. so nothing too much to worry about.

Kev, don't waste your money on purple up, all you have to do is take one of the rocks with lots of coralline and scrape it in front of your power head. This will disbust it through out your tank and you will have more then enough coralline . You might start cursing me because you will diffinately have more coralline then lyou need. believe me it works and works fast. Give it a try before you waste your money on that purple up.....
img_1125784_0_aa57a08451574dfd9de7358fe217510e.jpg
This is DIY rock at one month after scraping coralline and placing it in the flow.....Notice the mini starfishes in the rock.....

Last edited:
Yeah i wish it was like that.. but all the while, i'm not too sure if what's on my rocks is coralline, or if that rock is just colored that way. If you look in my most recent picture with the sexy shrimp in it, that rock right next to the shrimp with both snails on it, does that rock have coralline? I think it does.. but i'm not so sure. No cursing here either lol.. i want my rocks to be FILLED with coralline.. i love the purple look. It just looks so healthy and nice.

I also got some sexy shrimp. Just got them in this morning and drip acclimated for nearly 2 hours before putting them into my 2.5g pico with the neon blue goby. They look so neat! Shaking their rear end and all...They look alot like plant life when doing that. I would put money on the butt shaking being a disguise.

Matt

Yeah that's coralline but you don't have to much. Keep your CA up and you should get some in no time,

Small update...

Water Parameters:

Ammonia : 0ppm
Nitrite : 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
pH : 8.2
Phosphate : 0ppm
SG : 1.025

My GSP's have really stretched since i got them and they are coloring up extremely nice. Full polyp extension. Just wish i had actinics.. :( I might get the 24" 2bulb T5 fixture for actinic supplementation from the same place i got my light and just connect the fixture to my MH pendant. Would be awesome..

Can you keep two ballasts of a different kind next to each other? Like both electronic ballasts, but ones for the T5 and the others for the MH.

Yeah.. that fish i had? Dead. Haha.. oh well. There was nothing i could do. Just wouldn't eat.. or move for that matter. Waiting until i have more $$ saved up, then going to buy one centerpiece fish for my reef. Definitely not buying from that LFS again though.. think i'll be buying online.

Yeah.. that fish i had? Dead. Haha.. oh well. There was nothing i could do. Just wouldn't eat.. or move for that matter. Waiting until i have more $$ saved up, then going to buy one centerpiece fish for my reef. Definitely not buying from that LFS again though.. think i'll be buying online.

Aww man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that as I was about to ask about him. Seems a lot of us goby people are having poor luck with gobys. I had my new yellow watchman die last week after just one day in my tank.

I wonder what is up with gobys? All my other fish are alive and well...At least for me, I got refund from the place online.

Matt

"Can you keep two ballasts of a different kind next to each other? Like both electronic ballasts, but ones for the T5 and the others for the MH."
Yes, that would be okay. You just have to give them enough room so they have air flow around them and don't over heat.

Thanks TC, and thanks Matt and Carla. It's all good. That goby was super boring anyways.. maybe because he was sick.. maybe not. Either way, i'm waiting until my tank is a bit older, and then i'm going to get a really nice blenny. Maybe a starry blenny or sailfin blenny. I just need my tank to grow more natural algae for the blennies to feed on. I know you can supplement their diet with algae waffers and other foods, but i want to make sure my tank can support a blenny when i'm not feeding it. I would rather not even feed every other day.. something like every two days.

And that brings me to my next point, since i now have no fish, can i feed my tank less often? I have an emerald crab, 4 hermits, 1 sexy shrimp and 2 astrea snails. Would it be okay to feed every two days or something like that? There's actually a lot of algae growing so i think the hermits and the snails are fine. I keep the back wall and right pane stocked with algae as i don't clean it with the mag float.

What's the census hear people?

P.S.

I love my tank. Everything is going the way i planned it to and now i'm seeing all sorts of things in my tank and fuge. Some wierd slug looking bubble, huge copepods, small pods, a big aiptasia chillin on my return pump lol.. and tons of other critters too. It's great. Also, those red worms? I think they were larvae stage tiger pods, since i can't really find any more of them and there's TONS of uber small pods with little tails cruising all around my glass and rocks. It's cool.

Feeding every two days is a good idea for a tank without any fish. you could even go every three days and that would be good to. Just not to much food...

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to get some input on the subject before i went ahead and starved out my whole tank.

I feed every couple days with fish. You'll be fine. Make sure you feed the sexy or they might snack on any soft coral you have.

Hmm.. well now that you mention it.. my GSP have been pretty beaten up lately and i see the sexy on top of the frag all the time. Maybe he's hungry. Hope he didn't destroy the coral. If the purple mat of the GSP is still in tact, can it grow new polyps?

I guess i'll still keep feeding every two days. I was feeding every other day when i had my goby. But he's dead.

I would get something like Hikari's jumbo mysis, and just defrost one or two of those and lower them down to your sexy to munch on. They have a hard time getting general food added.

If only lthe purple is showing then your gsp must be either irritated by the shrimp or something else is bothering it.

Yeah thats what i figure...

Here are my params so i hardly think its my water.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.2
Calcium: 480
KH: 9
Phosphate: 0ppm

Yeah thats what i figure...

Here are my params so i hardly think its my water.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.2
Calcium: 480
KH: 9
Phosphate: 0ppm

IDK. It might be the water unless perfect is not good enough.:p

I know you lost the goby a while back but don't write off a LFS over one bad fish. I have wanted a diamond goby forever and would not by one because I thought it would starve. I saw about 30 go through my LFS before I found one that ways eating frozen plankton the day after I got him in. he is doing great and is nice and fat. he fights my yellow tang for food:D

I think some good LFS get a bad rap because some people got one bad fish. everyone must remember that buying saltwater fish also envolves observing them at the LFS and making a good decision. Mosts LFS absorb ALOT of die off.

IDK. It might be the water unless perfect is not good enough.:p

I know you lost the goby a while back but don't write off a LFS over one bad fish. I have wanted a diamond goby forever and would not by one because I thought it would starve. I saw about 30 go through my LFS before I found one that ways eating frozen plankton the day after I got him in. he is doing great and is nice and fat. he fights my yellow tang for food:D

I think some good LFS get a bad rap because some people got one bad fish. everyone must remember that buying saltwater fish also envolves observing them at the LFS and making a good decision. Mosts LFS absorb ALOT of die off.

lol the lfs get blamed for everything. ich...lfs fault, fish dies lfs fault. bad advice lfs fault. not saying its never true, and not saying thats not the case with the goby but is funny how no one ever takes blame for fish getting sick or fish dying. its always the lfs or something else.

this is just a general statement not aimed at anyone

Back
Top Bottom