Zoa care !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm aiming for a zoa garden kind of set up in my 75g and I seem to be having great results from feeding reef snow twice a week and dosing with tropic Marin pro coral iodine daily and a 10% pwc weekly ! I was just wondering what you lot find helps with the zoas and pallys growth rates and overall well being ?
Here's a couple of pics so far !
image-3919229622.jpg

Attachments

• image-3093925087.jpg
    image-3093925087.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 163
Why do you dose iodine daily? How much do you dose and how do you measure? Finally, what lights do you use? Your results look great!!!

I've used iodine since I set up this system two years ago and all my corals seem to be thriving ! I only dose 1 drop a day ! Lights are 2x tmc aqua-ray reef White/blue led,s 1x Arcadia moonlight blue/purple led 1x t8 reef blue and 2x t5 reef whites !

Sorry !!! To answer your question how do I measure ! I don't lol ! My mate who owns west midlands aquatics doses his 500g with 8 drops a day and he recommended I do 1 drop a day so I listened and his advice and it seems to have payed off ! He's been keeping fish since he was 7 and he's 63 now so he knows what he's doing ! A few people I know swear by using iodine as the corals deplete it from the water column ! He's been doing an in depth test once a month on my water for the last 4 years and the last two years I've been using iodine doesn't seem to have made much difference so I guess the corals are taking iodine from the water column hence the reason they are doing so well !

Ya 1 drop isn't even come close to overdosing a 75g so I wouldn't be worried either.. I'd love to know more in depth of how much your tank is depleting daily and how much that one drop in 75gs actually equates to since I've never even owned an iodine test lol

Yeh no chance of overdosing !!! My brother does 1 drop a day also and his system is thriving to ! We do not own an iodine test but would be interesting to see the results !

Here's a pic under the Arcadia blu/purple LEDs !

image-1550424053.jpg

I put it down to the iodine ! I may not totally understand the logic but I can tell you it's working lol !

I bought iodine for my 29 gal but I'm so afraid since I know a tiny bit too much is uber toxic to many things. Any suggestions for my size?

I would like to dose 3 drops a day in a 150 gallon. What brand do you use? Where do you get it?

Your green palys are huge! Where did you get them?

What is the brand of food you are using? I am new to this and unfamilair with it.

I will try to increase dosing iodone more regularly for mine. I have not done this and have had very slow growth with some zoas and palys. All I have is iodone/potassium; I will try using this.

zoas & vit. C

I read on a European forum that some folks dosed vit. C for zoa health. Has anyone read research or heard of this?

Salifert all in one is great ! Good for your fishes immune system !

I always dossed one drop of Lugol's iodine solution a week in my 30 reef and got great results. You can either get it as pure iodine or together with potassium iodine. Either one works well (if your tank need iodine) and is the basis for most of the iodine products used for reefs. I will say that I have no experience in using it with SPS corals. I saw the best response from xenia and zoas.

Back
Top Bottom