Custom Tank Furniture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
If anyone is ever in the market for a custom tank stand or hood, let me know. I have the equipment and know how to make anything you can think of. Also, if you're like me and think that most storebought furniture is crap, I can make items that are stronger and nicer than their counterparts.

Jim

verry cool Jim, I'm actually in the process of building a unit for my 55 gallon.. you can see my incredibly slow progress in our DIY forum here.

btw, just spotted your stand in your gallery, lookin nice. What's your prefered location for lumber around here? I usually just go to HD as i don't really know of any good places for small load lumber. (4-5 boards etc)

Thanks. I started and just about finished that on Saturday. My wife thinks I'm a spaz, but i guess I just work really fast. I should have it completely finished this weekend, but I can still set it up without the doors on since they can be easily added later. I adventually want to build a tank right into the wall, but that'll have to be in my next house.

Well, I'll go to HD if I'm just going to buy plywood, like in the case of this stand. But anytime I make something that's solid hardwood, I'll go to Advantage Trim and Lumber on carter street in lackawanna. They have the widest variety and the cheapest wood around. I built a queen size bed last winter out of solid mahogany, peruvian walnut and wenge. The entire thing cost about $400. And that was with a few boards left over. So, maybe 350. While you're working, try not to do this. Sorry if the pic is huge. :D :D

P1030369.JPG

what happened to your finger? Wife find out how much you were spending? :wink: jk!

Nice new and sharp carbide tipped table saw blade at a few thousand rpm :)

i wouldn't recommend it.....It was difficult to type f's for a while

stangely enough it grew back, you'd never know anything even happened

Jim

Back
Top Bottom