ISO "Loaning", "Renting" PAR meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaliO

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am asking some good fellow reefer to loan or let me rent they're PAR meter. Doesn't need to be a million dollar one just something to get a general idea on my led set up..

I don't have reefer friends or any clubs in my area. And LFS don't have or offer such services.

I understand this is asking a lot from someone, to trust a complete stranger with they're equipment. But I am in desperate need of the meter. And I can't afford the min $500 deposit required by online services...

I'm located in Syracuse, NY or zip 13032 to be exact. If anyone in the area could be of any help....

:thanks:

Lots of views but not one reply... Any suggests are also excepted. :)

I'm sure there's a few reef clubs in your area.. no? I'd check them out and see which, if any, have a club PAR meter that they loan out. You might have to be a member to borrow it, but I'm sure there would be a lot of other perks to being a member as well.

To be honest, I'd expect you to have a hard time borrowing one from anyone not local to you that could bring it over and check it for you. You're just some random person on the internet (no offense... but I mean, I am too for that matter).

mfdrookie516 said:
I'm sure there's a few reef clubs in your area.. no? I'd check them out and see which, if any, have a club PAR meter that they loan out. You might have to be a member to borrow it, but I'm sure there would be a lot of other perks to being a member as well.

To be honest, I'd expect you to have a hard time borrowing one from anyone not local to you that could bring it over and check it for you. You're just some random person on the internet (no offense... but I mean, I am too for that matter).

Oh I know. But as far as clubs I can't find any... Tried looking in forums, googling syracuse reef clubs, central ny clubs... I'm all for joining a club but anything I find is outdated and doesnt excist anymore...

But I would really love someone to offer renting a cheap one. I think you can get one for $139 .. So $100 deposit.. Hell rent it out to people for $25 a week it would pay for it's self... I really considering buying one to rent out.. My area sucks for aquarium type people.

Back
Top Bottom