***Update - AA Trip to the Bronx Zoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Several members have discussed a trip to the Bronx Zoo :). No date has been confirmed but the thinking right now is late September or October (gives everyone a chance to rest up after summer vacations, etc.).

We would need at least 10 participants to enjoy a fairly decent group discount. The discounted group rates include admittance to all of the "individually priced" activities (Bengali express, skyride, monorail, etc.)

If you are interested, reply to this thread or send me a PM. I can also provide directions and other information regarding current zoo exhibits.

Note: Last February, we had a trip to the Museum of Natural History, which was very successful. We even had some members from out of town join in. :)

An update:

The group rates are as follows:

Parking - $8.00 (Sedans, SUV's, mini-vans, motorcycles, etc.)
Adults - $20.00
Children - $16.50
Seniors - $15.20

These rates are based on Thursday through Tuesday (yes, for those familiar, admission is still free on Wednesdays).

Full payment is due 4 weeks prior to the event date.

I've been in contact with the Zoo and discussions are in the works for the group to have a guide assigned if wanted.

A rain date is recommended as none of the outdoor rides operate on rainy days or other inclement weather.

Now...two dates are needed...check your calendars! :D

Wonderful...since I've already met "BubbleyBlue", meeting Menagerie is due. :)

We now have a total of 7 participants. Remember, the "magic" number is 10 in order to enjoy the group rate, which is 20% off regular admission and includes tickets for the individual pay items listed above.

A firm date must be decided. I am free each weekend in both September and October other than October 29. :)

Reminder and additional dates info:

Since we need rain dates, I propose the following weekends:

a. Sept. 24-25
b. Oct. 1-2
c. Oct. 8-9
d. Oct. 15-16
e. Oct. 22-23

The actual date picked will result in the rain date being the following available date (ie: if Saturday is chosen, the rain date would be Sunday or the following Saturday).

Also, payment would be due 4 weeks prior to the event. :D

as of right now, any of those dates work for me, but for arguments sake (and for narrowing down purposes) let's say October 8-9. Anyone that is planning on attending: does this date NOT work for you?

The earlier, the better. I prefer the weekend in September and would happily go 10-11 or 17-18. I really wanted to get back to NY this summer, but I had to take a "real job" at the last minute and then found out my stepfather (BB's father) has bone cancer throughout his body. I'm ready to board a plane now, but he said there is no need and he'll see me in September.

Sorry to hear about this Menagerie. :(

Okay AA members - As you can see from Menageries post, she will be in NY in Sept. anyone have any problems with the 17-18?

Let's hear from you!

I usually go leaf peeping and/or apple picking on Columbus Day Weekend (Oct 8 - 10). Any other weekend should be wide open for me!

Hey All,

Sept. 17-18 works for me. Sorry I don't have much time to make it on the site nowadays...

All the best,
Jon

Alright...Jon is in! :)

Ok...we have a total of 8 members. Not enough as yet to enjoy the HUGE group discount. Other than Lori, is anyone bringing spouses, significant others, etc.?

Brian...where are you?

I'm in (with hubby and family in tow)! Too cool.

Wahooo!!!! Cool Phyl...I've been looking forward to meeting you. I will need an exact number of adults and children. :)

Looks like we will be able to enjoy the discounted group rates.

Saturday & Sunday? That would be 2 adults, 1 @ 6yo, 1 @ 3yo

Back
Top Bottom