Animal Jungle Virginia Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melosu58 said:
Any of ya`ll in the Richmond area and do SW we have two great stores here in Chesterfield County. Fishworld and Richmond Aquarium. Richmond aquarium does FW also.

Thanks for the recommendations. I work in Newport News and might slip over to Richmond soon. Do you know if they have RCS? None of the stores I found in the beach have them, at least the 4 or 5 that I've been haven't.

Deckape - Animal Jungle has them, but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I think it was $6/shrimp. I bought four, and one died immediately when I brought them home.

Vnessa123456 said:
Deckape - Animal Jungle has them, but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I think it was $6/shrimp. I bought four, and one died immediately when I brought them home.

I didn't see them there.. thanks but I am gonna boycott them I think. I am sick of their attitudes. But I really didn't see them. I may go the aquabid route. But I didn't wanna pay shipping. Several auctions offer free shipping. It will be a while. I want to get a 20 or 30 gallon planted and make it a shrimp only tank. Then I could give all of you some after they breed.

Yeah, they are in the middlemost tropical fish aisle in the small tanks. But I think boycotting is admirable, especially after all of our negative experiences.

Let me know how the aquabid route goes. I've bought five fish off aquabid sellers and haven't had a bad experience yet.

Vnessa123456 said:
Yeah, they are in the middlemost tropical fish aisle in the small tanks. But I think boycotting is admirable, especially after all of our negative experiences.

Let me know how the aquabid route goes. I've bought five fish off aquabid sellers and haven't had a bad experience yet.

I will. Thanks for answering the aquabid question for me. It will be a while though. Do you have planted tanks? I may need mentorship.

I have planted tanks but I'm no expert. I just bought some of those plants that come in tubes at Petsmart. So far I have some Kyoto (sp?) grass, some anubias, and some other ones that I don't recall the names of. I also have some watersprite that I bought from Animal Jungle. My betta loves to sit in the watersprite, but some parts appear to be rotting in my 37 gal.

You can see some pictures of my tank in this link: 37 gallon - 37 gallon Freshwater fish tank

And here is my 5 gal betta tank:
5 gallon - 5 gallon Freshwater fish tank

I got some amazon swords in my discus tank. I have had no luck with any other plants but i think I would need a double tube fixture for them. But the swords stay green and healthy

Vnessa123456 said:
I have planted tanks but I'm no expert. I just bought some of those plants that come in tubes at Petsmart. So far I have some Kyoto (sp?) grass, some anubias, and some other ones that I don't recall the names of. I also have some watersprite that I bought from Animal Jungle. My betta loves to sit in the watersprite, but some parts appear to be rotting in my 37 gal.

You can see some pictures of my tank in this link: 37 gallon - 37 gallon Freshwater fish tank

And here is my 5 gal betta tank:
5 gallon - 5 gallon Freshwater fish tank

Beautiful tanks! I love them. Eco 23 sent me.some.watersprites, rotilla(sp), and Gals. So far they're alive, even with my poor stock lighting. I am going to.get better lights soon. I will behitting both of you up on plant questions, so stand by please.

Hondatek said:
I got some amazon swords in my discus tank. I have had no luck with any other plants but i think I would need a double tube fixture for them. But the swords stay green and healthy

Awesome plants and discus... you must have a bunch of experience ...Nice to know you...

No, not at all. The closest one around that is semi passable is that Care A Lot in NN. The Petsmart people here mean well, but they are very uninformed. One employee is super nice and helpful though.

Vnessa123456 said:
No, not at all. The closest one around that is semi passable is that Care A Lot in NN. The Petsmart people here mean well, but they are very uninformed. One employee is super nice and helpful though.

Thanks, I never ask them questions. I usually only buy hardware from petsmart. May have to check out those LFS in Richmond that he was talking about.

How are the fish at that care alot? The on in va beach are always sickly. But their prices on supplies can't be beat.

Hondatek said:
How are the fish at that care alot? The on in va beach are always sickly. But their prices on supplies can't be beat.

Where is a carealot in the beach? I haven't heard about them.

I saw some horrible places in Richmond when I made the trip. I wish I could remember the names.

I went to two places that were really really cramped. In one of them they had a gigantic pleco in this very small tank. The poor thing could not even turn around.

In another the employees were really snippy at me. I wanted to buy some dwarf loaches from them, and they were ridiculously priced. ($30 per loach, are you kidding me??)

That saltwater place was AMAZING. I think that one was called Richmond Aquariums. They had a gigantic 2,000 gallon tank that was just amazing to look at. Not a great freshwater fish selection though :(

The Fin and Feather place was alright, but they didn't have a great selection.

Back
Top Bottom