1 cichlid is hanging out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grafx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
at the top of my tank in the corner. sometimes a litle in the middle. just sits there, moves only to eat.

the other fish are all healthy and fine. not sure what could be wrong with him

Are there any signs of disease? How long has he been in the tank? If he's eating and there are no signs of disease, he may just be adjusting. You could also QT him for a while.

--Adeeb

A picture tells a thousand words.

What sort of cichlid? When did this behaviour start happening?

Is it an african cichild? My africans only hang out in the top corner if they are getting picked on and are trying to avoid agression.

well i did a test...and it seems it only goes and swims around the tank when the canopy lights are off..

mildly weird considering i have another of the same type and he's fine swimming around. although he hangs around with the other a bit to

Since cichlids are such a broad range of fish, the name or a description would be helpful. I've seen a few of my africans do this. Sometime because they were bullied, other times because they were sick. If you're not seeing any signs of sickness, my bet is that it is getting bullied

Back
Top Bottom