3.5 Gal Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey All
So I have a 3.5 gal empty since my 3 year old Betta died :)() So now im making it a Shrimp tank. I have always wanted some red cherry shrimp in a small tank and now i can do it!
So im going to be using some white sand for the substratre and may or may not be doing live plants. If i do do live plants then i am going to need a light and i light i do not have :( So thats might be another expense. I have some black rocks to decorate it and hopefully make it look good.
So here are some pictures i ahve only got water in the tank so far and the heater and filter.
img_1331285_0_975a4c11e3d8e026852273caa84890d2.jpg

img_1331285_1_874eab8a255ff84571ad58124efab4a7.jpg

You could some marimo/moss ball, if you'd like. Most shrimp enjoy them and they do not require any kind of light.

Oh, well I was thinking of making a few moss balls myself but how can I do that? I have mass but I dot know how to make the ball, so any seggustions will be very helpful

Not sure but I'm following! Love nano shrimp tank builds!

Definitely looking forward to seeing this come together

Regular ghost shrimp will not eat RCS. They should be fine together.

hmmmm,seeing as they dont eat them,i wonder if i can find RCS locally...

I've never found em locally, but siva says you can buy em online at CL or eBay for about 1$ a piece including shipping.

Jason, do you have access to java moss? It is a very prolific grower and does well IME even with very little light. I have some RCS in my 37 gal now and they love hiding in it. Best thing about it is you can attatch to just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom