3 gallon redo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have a 3 gallon tank that currently has 2 guppies in it and I'm looking to redo the tank. I bought new gravel yesterday. Did the black with a few brightly colored rocks in it. I want to change the gravel and I'm also getting a new filter for it in 3 weeks probably. Is it ok to change out the gravel with the old filter running or should I wait till I'm going to add the new HOB filter to change that? And! Should I take the fish out when I do this?

Yes and Yes. You can keep the filter on if you want. But its always safe to take the fish out in case of any param spikes, and stess.

NYgiantsRP said:
Yes and Yes. You can keep the filter on if you want. But its always safe to take the fish out in case of any param spikes, and stess.

Thanks. I thought so but I wanted to be sure. I only have like a Tupperware to put them in would that be ok while I'm changing gravel? And should I wait to get the new filter iris it ok just to do it with the internal I have now

Back
Top Bottom