30 gal aquarium setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi I was thinking about a fish setup on my 30 gal aquarium, id like to know what you guys think and if id have any problems with them

First of all, i love oddballs, a spiny eel, one or more african butterflys and maybe a amazon puffer (idk if i can put it in, id like to know you guys opinion
id love to put some tetras with the extra tail or maybe other good looking group fish that wouldnt get eaten by the eel and the butterfly
i also love the hatchet fish but idk If they would get along with the butterfly since theyre both surface
an apistograma and a gourami or tricogaster are in there too, but theyre secondary for me
i Just need a good bottom dweller and a algae eater for this tank, i love those fish that look like mini rays but there i just want effiency not necesseraly color or oddballs (but theyre appreciated hehe)
It also would have low tech plants
Id love to know what you guys think, some advice or maybe something that wouldnt work here, ideas, etc:thanks:

Butterfly fish are aggressive and get big. Not appropriate for a community tank, especially one that small. Some spiny eels get very large as well. Stick with tetras and hatchet fish or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom