55 reset first test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tested my water params today on the third day of my fish in cycle results are:

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5
PH-7.6

Fish in tank are 7 black skirt tetras and 1 bristlenose pleco

1 small piece Malaysian drift wood
1 small wonder rock- wife bought it
Fluval C4
Air pump rated to 60 gallons

1 large piece mopani soaking to release tannins
Live plants will be bought later this week once stocks sell :)

Stock will be as so

4 German blue rams
1 bristlenose pleco
12 cardinal tetras
12 rummynose tetras
7 black skirt tetras
1 possible gourami still researching info

Any suggestion on a gourami or if I'm overstocked are welcome

Attachments

• image-1263952997.jpg
    image-1263952997.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 65
It's nowhere near done. My driftwood is soaking in a 68 litre tub so it doesn't discolour my tank. And I haven't gotten my plants yet cuz I found a new lfs that's a mom and pop store so I gotta wait til the weekend to get there. But I was shocked at my results after 3 days with no ammonia or nitrites but I have nitrates. It's a new filter not seeded. The only thing I can think of is that my PFS was still wet and the bacteria survived somehow.

What I'm worried about is overstocking and adding fish too soon with my water params

My only suggestion would be to do 2 GBR's. When they are young you'll have alot of chasing and aggression with 4 in that size tank. Once they mature aggression will kick up a few notches and serious stress issues caused from it can occur. I only keep 4 mature adults in a 220g heavily planted.

Second test results are:

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
PH: 7.2

Water temp 82f

Will do a third pwc on Thursday, will test after pwc, if no changes will be at a loss as to why a week into my fish in cycle that I have nitrates but have not seen ammonia or nitrites.

Do you have nitrates in your water supply? It's unlikely that the whole nitrogen cycle process has occured in such a short time.

I haven't tested my tap water as I have just moved, ill test it this weekend when I get a chance due to my hectic schedule of doom.

Back
Top Bottom