65 gallon and other tanks updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoloYoyoLoach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i haven't posted anything in a few month but i feel like it was time to do so after a while

So starting off with the 65 gallon fish tank i have had some ups and downs with it starting off i lost five tiger barbs bring my number down to 9 due to my rainbow sharks aggression spike during that time. I tried to bring down his aggression by adding more plants and decor but it seemed like i would have to remove him to an isolated tank until i lost lights in my 20 gallon and i moved a half tube covered in java ferns over to the 65 so the plants wouldn't die like some Miracle his aggression stopped. It would seem he didn't like any of the other decor to claim as his own until the tube witch is now in there for good. The tube seemed to calm the rainbow shark to where he only chase the fish away if they try to go into his tube. After the little rainbow shark rampage i was at petco picking up supplies when i saw 3 auratus cichlid witch where Adorable i had to get them in witch a little more sadness happens i lost 2 cichlids i due to an injury i didn't notice in the pet store and the other just vanished one day leavening me with one tiny little cichlid in my 65 but luckily for me she lived and is now about 3 1/2 inches and gets along great with all my fish. Another bit of sadness involved my 2 pleco no one got hurt or died but my Bristle nose witch i call mango has been a Bully to my L066 or king pleco so i had to remove him form the 65 over to the 20 till he puts some size on him.

Now on to the 20 gallon as you could read up top my lights went or my 20 due to a human error of telling someone don't touch there frail and they touched and broke it so for about a month i had no lights in it leavening my tank In darkness what little sunlight i could bring in was not enough for my plant so i had to Re-house them to some of my other tanks. Before the lights went out i had a staghorn algie out break after dueing some online research i found out a few fish due eat it one of them being Mollie so seeing this i bought 3 mollie and housed them in there for about 2months in witch time they munched the agle away but became aggarsive so i had to remove them and not wanting to get rid of them they went over to the 65 i lost one due to unknown reasons and the other 2 have fourmed some strange group with the auratus cichlid witch they now live just fine together. After the staghorn was killed of another problem came to be snail i had 50 in that tank in a week i went to my local fish store i asked if i could buy some loaches form them and then return them once the snail where gone they agreed so i bought 3 juvenile yoyo loachs and let them lose in my 20 for about 3 week they killed off all the snail i could see returning them to the pet store i traded them for 10 corydoras 4 bronze 1 panda and 5 pepper i left 5 corys in my 20 and moved the 5 pepper to the 10 witch they are doing great in. That is all i have for my updates on my tanks at the time

Back
Top Bottom