Ace's Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acewiza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Despite keeping fish for almost 20 years, I've learned nothing about differentiating the sexes. :oops: Can anybody sex our new Puffers? TIA:

Puffer1.jpg

Puffer2.jpg

Wow! Nice looking figure 8's! Puffer enthusiast here too (y)

Puffers are normally really hard to sex. Normally, females will be fuller in general (eggs) and probably bigger than males. Males will be smaller and skinnier than females. Other than that I don't know lol.

Thanks, Nils. So I'm guessing by the looks of them I might have lucked out and got a female and a male.

Wow! Nice looking puffers. Tell us more about the tank as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Community

Sure thing, Hunter! It a 190g community, now brackish I believe(?), for the Puffers. There are 3 mature Convicts, a baby Oscar, a juvenile Jack Dempsey, 3 giant Danios, 2 Juvenile Bala Sharks, 3 Pygmy Corys, 2 Rafael Cats, 1 Black African Cat, 2 Pictus Cats and of course, the Puffers.

I know some of these fish are considered incompatible. I'm hoping the size of the tank and the bad guys growing up with everyone around will prevent too much unpleasantness in the future. Is that a naive notion on my part? Everyone's been getting along well so far.

Sure thing, Hunter! It a 190g community, now brackish I believe(?), for the Puffers. There are 3 mature Convicts, a baby Oscar, a juvenile Jack Dempsey, 3 giant Danios, 2 Juvenile Bala Sharks, 3 Pygmy Corys, 2 Rafael Cats, 1 Black African Cat, 2 Pictus Cats and of course, the Puffers.

I know some of these fish are considered incompatible. I'm hoping the size of the tank and the bad guys growing up with everyone around will prevent too much unpleasantness in the future. Is that a naive notion on my part? Everyone's been getting along well so far.

What does 'brackish I believe(?)' mean? If you put salt in the water to make that tank brackish it will not end well for all of those fish except the puffers.

What does 'brackish I believe(?)' mean? If you put salt in the water to make that tank brackish it will not end well for all of those fish except the puffers.
It's at 1.005 salinity. I've been wondering what brackish means, myself (?).

Back
Top Bottom