active dojo loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrspughster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got him about a week ago. He seems to like the end of the tank. He will swim up and down, side to side. Sometimes one of my ottos will swim with him. Looks like they are having fun. Is this normal? My clown loaches aren't as active.

i have similar loachs, kuhlis, who never have not left the bottom for months, and even then i've only seen them swim around the middle of the tank 3-4 times.

dojos are known for being very hand friendly too, unlike kuhli's, or may be insignificant air, got an airator?

A dojo loach, aka weather loach, has been known to act strangely when the barometric pressure changes.

Mine normally hangs out at the bottom of the tank or under the substrate, but acts just like you mentioned from time to time.

One of mine acts like that alot. My other two spend most of the time at the bottom of the tank, or buried in the sand.

My dojo goes through periods where he zips around the tank like a wild man. Other times he lazes in the sand just chilling. I think it is normal.

I did some reading on them and they tend to be active fish. But yeah the weather here is pretty messed up. Had snow 3 days in a row. Hadn't seen that in this area in years. And yes I do have air for them.Right now everyone is out and busy.My husband laughs at me because I will sit in front of the tank just watching. Thanks for the replys.

Back
Top Bottom