Advice on Current Aquarium Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeonX91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd ask for some opinions from the experts.
I have a ~200 litre (55gallon) tank and wandering if I could add a school of Neon Tetras (Around 10 or so)

I currently have
4 x Angel Fish of various Species
5 x Clown Loaches (2x black and orange, 3 x grey and organge)
1 x Albino Bristlnose Plecos
3 x Plecos (One is quite getting to almost 10 cms, Has a brown leopard like pattern)

I was looking for a top level or mid level swimmers so add some motion to the tank.
The Angel fish are beautiful and slow moving
Plecos and Clown loaches love to hid so during the day it looks quite barren.

I've added a picture of my tank.
I have Amazon Sword and another tyoe of Grass plant.

Using a AquaClear 300 Filter
Age of Aquariums - Aquaclear 300 ( 70 ) Hang on Filter

Thanks in Advance for any advice!! Want to make sure I don't stress my fishes

- Jason

If you get neon tetras from the fish store they're usually quite small and might get picked on by your angels. Maybe try a school of bigger tetras like black skirt tetras? And do you have 3 common plecos? Because those will definitely outgrow your tank...they get to be massive!

I just entered 4 Angelfish in aqadvisor and it came back at 83% stocked, not even going to bother adding in the rest of the fish currently in the tank. They are babies now but things are going to get very crowded if you keep it as is.

ahhh for the heck of it:

Warning: You NEED to add more aquarium filtration capacity!!!

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 26%.Help on Filtration capacity
Recommended water change schedule: 98% per week. (You might want to split this water change schedule to two separate 85% per week)
Your aquarium stocking level is 251%.
Your tank is seriously overstocked. Unless this setup is temporary, you should consider a larger tank

Thanks

Wow that's alarming. Is there a website you are entering those details into that I can access and take a look?

EDIT: Oh sorry, I saw you had aqadvisor. I don't have a larger tank and can't upgrade to a larger one due to accommodation arrangements. Tank has been stocked at this level for 2 days now. I'll look into relocating or upgrading filtration to an external unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom