Advice on fish selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadillac_34207

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i recently ordered one of these and am looking for more types of fish to go with this it is a double butterfly tail chocolate moor anyone know some other exotic fish to get along with these as i am new to the hobby. Thank you in advance

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428942547343.jpg
    1428942547343.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 89
75 gallon and yes it will have a heater but i dont wanna go above 80 and yes filtration will be present

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely don't go above 80 on a goldfish tank lol. Between 68 and 72 is ideal. I only asked about heating because even coldwater fish may have different tolerance of varying water temperature.

I would personally recommend maybe 2 more goldfish and then a few weather loaches. Goldfish are sociable so it's better to have more of them. And weather loaches are just awesome! There are some other fish that you could keep with goldfish that are rare and exotic- look up some of the species in the genuses leptobotia and sinibotia. They're cool looking fish that overall prefer cooler water, although look up the temperature requirments before you buy because they can very from species to species. Also some get incredibly large while others max out at a few inches.

Last edited:
this thread in the wrong spot. It should be in a freshwater sub forum. this section is for profiles of fish, not stocking advice.

Back
Top Bottom