Am i over stocked ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newkeeperotis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

I have a 125 litre tank with a eheim 2028 pro external filter with 2 live amazon sword plants and also a large moss ball

I have

5 cherry barbs
6 rasaboa harlequins
9 neon tetra
2 large shrimp
3 dwarf red gourami 1 male 2 female

Am I over stocked ??

No way! You could probably add some more fish. All of your fish are small. You should add some more bottom dwellers and some fish that hang out on the top. Like Cory Cats, loaches, etc. For top dwelling fish Marbled Hatchets are really cool . If I were you I would add more tetras too. I have about the same amount of fish that you have in my 30 gallon and the water is crystal clear and I plan on adding some Hatchets, Kuhli Loaches, and some Rams in my tank. I have 4 Rosy Barbs, 5 Congo Tetras, 4 Peppermint Tetras, 5 Cory Cats, and 2 Panda Garra. So I bet that you add at the most 12 small fish.

Hi

I have a 125 litre tank with a eheim 2028 pro external filter with 2 live amazon sword plants and also a large moss ball

I have

5 cherry barbs
6 rasaboa harlequins
9 neon tetra
2 large shrimp
3 dwarf red gourami 1 male 2 female

Am I over stocked ??

No. It's sounds like a nice tank. I wouldn't add anything else. It's best to under stock rather than filling a tank to the brim.

I agree with Mumma. Fish do better overall when they have room and are not so crowded they are constantly surrounded by other fish. Even with good water quality it's not fair to crowd fish which can stress them and lower their immune system.

Back
Top Bottom