Am new & am interested in setting up at “Multifasciatus” specific tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Folks,
I've one more question, in order to ensure hardness & maintain pH I am supposed to use Cichlid Lake salt & Lake Tanganyika buffer. I have Seachem Tanganyika buffer with me but I don't have Seachem Cichlid Lake salt. They usually suggest that I have to use buffer after preferable after the addition of Seachem Cichlid Lake salt. My question is ...

Is it a "must & should" that we need to use Seachem Cichlid Lake salt only if I've to use Lake Tanganyika buffer or can I use API Epsom salt (which I have) before & use Lake Tanganyika buffer ??

For my tank, I don't use anything, and the Multies have recently spawned, which is the third time they've spawned. Then again my tap water is hard, and I have a small bit of limestone in the tank. Be careful mixing the Multies with Ocellatus, when I had one in with my Multies it stole all of the shells.

For my tank, I don't use anything, and the Multies have recently spawned, which is the third time they've spawned. Then again my tap water is hard, and I have a small bit of limestone in the tank. Be careful mixing the Multies with Ocellatus, when I had one in with my Multies it stole all of the shells.

Hi Arget, thanks for the clarity, as of now I have not not added Ocellatus at all, I will be upgrading my tank to 3ft long in the Oct, then I might think of adding Ocellatus (if they are available with any breeder).

Secondly my tap water is not hard water, having said that the multies which I've in my tank now are from a breeder who who bred these in regular tap water from the same area where I come from. However I presume they need the right water conditions to spawn, so I have got both Seachem Tanganyika Buffer + Seachem Cichlid lake salt. So this time during the water change I will check my water parameters first and based on that will used both of this.

Back
Top Bottom