ammonia @ .25??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBouchard

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ammonia has been at .25 for the past week. I can not get it to go down, I have used ammolock and special blend nothing works. I have done a 40% water change about 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions.

Ammonia Level

My ammonia has been at .25 for the past week. I can not get it to go down, I have used ammolock and special blend nothing works. I have done a 40% water change about 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions.

Hello BBou...

Hopefully, you don't have sensitive fish in this tank. Anyway, large, weekly water changes will definitely help keep the water chemistry stable. Try removing and replacing half the water every week.

A plant that prefers more acidic water is Anacharis (Brazilian waterweed). You don't need to plant it, just drop it into the water. The combination of the plant and large, weekly water changes should help.

B

Thankfully the fish are doing good. I will see if I can find the plant where I am. Any thing else I can do? How long would it take to lower?

My BF's African Cichlid tank has gone up too, also to about what your tank is. He's been doing partial water changes for a week and it's not going down. He keeps trying to figure out what caused it. It seems that his tank has almost started to recycle for some reason. One reason that I think started it, is that he's always changing things around in the tank. Changing gravel, moving the rock formations around and generally just screwing with it all of the time. I have a community tank and things are good, so I do PWC every week and leave it alone. It's a concerning mystery for sure...

Back
Top Bottom