Angel fish introduction - please advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isaacani

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 46 Gallons freshwater aquarium for a month now and LOVING it. Currently i have:

2 Dwarf Gouramis
1 Albino Rainbow Shark
3 Silver Dollars
4 Buenos Aires Tertras

I would like to introduce Angle fish and read that the Buenos Aires are too aggressive for the Angels. I am thinking about returning the Tetras and getting 3 Angel fish who are bigger, about 1 year old.

Can i introduce the bigger Angels to the smaller Gouramis, Shark and Silver Dollars ? Will the Angel fish be too aggressive ?

Appreciate the advice.

All I know, is that my one very large marble Angel is super territorial and my poor Electric blue Gourami get's shooed away or nipped when he goes near his area .Angels can get to be big monsters lol Good that your Rainbow is doing well with others.

I definitely would not do angels with the tetras. I would also suggest only doing 2 angels. The reason being is if an angel is over 8 months old it is mature and able to spawn. If you get 3 adults and two happen to pair, that pair will harass the odd angel constantly. The only time 3 will "sometimes" work is when you have a male and two females and the male forms a harem but this is rare. You will have to watch that there is no nipping at the angels feelers and fins from the rest of your stock.

Back
Top Bottom