Angelfish pairs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know how long it takes for angels to pair up?? Their bodies are quarter sized, and i got them somtime between april 22nd and april 25th.

Mine have never started breeding till they were about close to baseball sized or bigger, usually 10-12 months. If they were around nickel/quarter size when you got them they were probably only 2-3 months old.

well, looks like ive got some time to enjoy seeing them grow bigger. is there a reccomended amount for a 55 gallon once they are full size?? ive heard 6 is the max for full sized. i just wanna be sure, so i can rehome them.

Personally I wouldn't do more than 4 in a 55 because when they pair off they get very territorial. Be sure to create lots of line of sight breaks using plants and decor so they can get away from one another.

Theres 8 pieces of Mopani driftwood in there, and over 15 assorted plants. I think I have that covered!lol

There's no magical formula with angels. Just be patient and enjoy them. You'll know when they pair up as they will hang in a certain area and clean off leaf and start darting off other fish. Don't be alarmed.

Back
Top Bottom