Angels Plus Active Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just ordered one of the Angels Plus activated filters, I'm wondering people experience with these? Their website says this will "instantly" cycle the tank. I'm currently doing a fishless cycle and purchased this to help speed it up, since I don't have friends with established aquariums. From reading on their site, it looks like I hook up the sponge filter to an air hose and leave it in the tank, Should I do that, or cut it up and put it in the filter?

Thanks, Kyle

yes they help . not instantly as they claim but it dose help. hook it up as directed

You can either cut it up & place it in your filter or run it with an airpump- doesnt matter. It will help but remember that 'instant' cycling is directly proportionate to the amount of cycled media your adding to your tank. If you are adding this to a 5g, it will likely instantly cycle it. If your adding it to a 90g, it wont. If this is a fishless cycle, make sure you drop your ammonia level down to 2ppm so you dont overwhelm the bacteria. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll do a pwc tonight or tomorrow morning when it comes in to get the ammonia down. Should I then bump it back up to around 4ppm?

Do your pwc. Put the filter in as directed or cut it up. Once your ammonia is below 2 ppm let the media go for a day then test again. You should be seeing nitrates within a full day. If so you could gradually start stocking,. slowly of course

Back
Top Bottom