Another stocking thread- my 100g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep in my tank. So far I have 3 angel fish, 11 buenos aries tetras and a 7” gar. I plan to have quiet a few live plants so I'm looking for something that won't eat them. I've read a lot that says the buenos eat plants but I haven't had problems yet.

Looking for 5”+ colorful fish. preferably schooling fish. Also trying to figure out what bottom lurkers I want. Any suggestions besides common placo?? They poop way to much lol. their poop shows up way to much on my white sand

Forgot to mention, my gas hasn't bothered my other fish, at least that I know of. Im pretty sure I started with 12 tetras though lol. he may be getting re-homed as he will eventually probably eat all my fish.

I forgot to mention I also have 2 mystery snails and I plan to get a few trumpet snails to help mix up the sand a little to prevent those ” pockets” I've read of

your gar is going to get way to big for a 100 gal, and will prob start to eat your fish once it gets more mature. i would rehome the gar and get 10-15 cardinal/ neon tetras, and get 4-6 cory cats. :)

also cory cats are great bottom cleaners, and they school onceyou get a group of them.

im thinking of a large school of different rainbows. I know the gar is going to get my fish when he gets bigger. I think he only gets 12-16" I'm posting him up on craigslist see if I get any interest.

I would get rid of the gar and get a few clown loaches. They school and they will add the wanted color to the tank.

I'm going to the store tomorrow to pick up some new fish. Gonna maybe get some raindbows and some loaches and snails.

Just be careful with the gar. You don't want to spend $10 per fish and have him eat them.

Back
Top Bottom