Anyone Know What Kind Of Fish This Is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I just registered here so if this is in the wrong place sorry :p

I got a small tank a couple of weeks ago, I'm moving in June so I'll be getting a bigger one then, I went to the local pet shop a couple of weeks ago to buy some fish but they were changing their tanks about, I bought some Mollies and guppies but I saw this fish and loved it. They couldn't tell me what it was though which was weird, but I decided to get a couple anyway, they're great, cause no trouble or anything, I just don't know anything about them, I've tried describing them on Google to see if I can find them but I can't.

Here is the fish.

img_965629_0_5c2f45414c997e0c8a5fba8ad1846f9b.jpg

There is only one fish there but it's a mirrored back, the fish isn't that dark but it's the best pic I could get at the minute, I'll get a better one tonight when it's dark.

It has a really cool fin on the top that every not and then it lifts right up, makes it look like a shark lol.

Thanks in advance

Ok I'm so in love with this fish, I think it's beautiful and fascinating, one thing I don't know though and can't find an answer to is why they stick their top fin up like a shark every now and then?

I thought it might be to warn off other fish but it does it when there are no others around. So I'm wondering if it's a breeding thing, or is it just some random thing the do for the fun of it? I love when they do it.

flaring at other males. i have 20 of them in my 120 among other rainbows. i cant figure out why rainbows are so unpopular.

img_966287_0_e03dcd183a626dd9ccbe497ad9999b16.jpg

P_gertrudae_Weipa.jpg

P_furcatus_GS.jpg

P_tenellus_DW.jpg

i could go on lol

flaring at other males.

i cant figure out why rainbows are so unpopular.

Ahh thanks, but they don't mind the other males? they swim around together anyway and seem fine.

I didn't know they were unpopular but I agree with you, I don't see why either, I love them.

Are they pics of yours or just random pics? they're lovely.

Another reply while I'm here lol

These are the same as mine, very similar anyway, mine have bright orange top fins.

I read about sexing and I THINK I do have 2 males but I'm gonna get more at the weekend but obviously want females. Do you know how to tell Males from Females?

img_966298_0_e03dcd183a626dd9ccbe497ad9999b16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom