Apistogramma Agassizii Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy,

I have a 165L (40gal) tank to stock. Yay happy days!

My current fish are:
A pair of Apistogramma Agassizii
Ember tetra x17
Otocinclus x2

I'll probably add a few more Otos, but was entertaining creative possibilities. :fish2:

Any suggestions? I'm happy to indulge anything really :cool:

Cheers,
Whale

Pencil fish...Lots of activity in such little fish. They are considered a good dithers for apistos..

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really like the idea of pencil fish and gourami and celestial pearl danio and green rasbora and one day tiger barbs and rainbowfish and.. *sigh* I need more tanks.

There's been a change, it's going to be a 33 gal 125L rectangle tank. So in terms of stocking I was hoping to get around:

17 Ember tetra
2 Agassizii cichlid
3 Otos
20 Celestial Pearl Danio
5 Honey Gourami

As per aqadvisor suggested. What do you guys reckon?

I'd wait on the Otos until the tank is well-established, and, while Honey Gouramis are gentle, I'm not sure that five in that tank might not evoke aggression problems. Could be wrong, though; I've never kept them.Sounds like a pretty tank, though.

Oh Ok, thanks for the heads up. By 'well established' do you mean that the tank has had time to settle?

My current fish are in a little 70L tank massively overfiltrated by a cannister filter. I was just going to use the existing filter, substrate, tank water and some new water to top up the bigger tank.

Would that be a safe bet for Otos?

I usually figure a tank is safe for Otos about 4-6 months in, when PH is stabilized and biofilm has had a chance to build up. I tend to be overly cautious, so I'd still wait, but your set up sounds fine.

Back
Top Bottom