Aquasolum substrate???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some Aquasolum black humate from the lfs on a deal, but have never used it before.

It seems kinda light so i was thinking of having a florite cap or just mixing it in to give weight.

Its going into my 10gallon, highlight, Diy plant only co2, experimental, internet bs, crazy tank.

I've never heard of it bud. What is your actual question?

I wonder if it's light for a reason? Maybe it's porous and absorbs water?

I'm getting on the google. Stand by

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It seems like a charged up aqua soil. I'd use it as a sublayer, cap it with something fine, not coarse. It seems like it will turn to mud over time so uprooting plants may turn your tank into a coffee pot. I employ this method in my planted tanks. Layered substrate. I use clay and osmocote, aqua soil, fluorite fine and black sand topping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apparently its real clean and doesnt turn to mud, my lfs has had a planted tank on display with just this in it and it looks good even after a yr.
..i was thinking something fine mixed in or on top, maybe black florite sand? For carpeting plants as i imagine they need a finer top layer for runners

This is going to be a rescape of my 10gal highlight, diy Co2 tank

Hey bullyboy - did you end up capping it with sand? I'm thinking of doing the same thing with some leftover Aquasolum I have, capping with black sand.

I did i capped with black florite sand and it was still quite lightand the sand filters down.
After about a couple months however it was a more solid substrate and i really enjoy it now

I did i capped with black florite sand and it was still quite lightand the sand filters down.
After about a couple months however it was a more solid substrate and i really enjoy it now
That's funny since I ended up doing the same thing with original Flourite, clay colored substrate. Gotta say it looks pretty good, plants seem to enjoy it so far.

Back
Top Bottom