Are Mollies always hungry ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprank1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have four mollies and they seem like they are always starving. Anytime I walk near the tank they swim up to the surface looking for food. I think I am feeding them enough (every morning - what they can eat in 4 minutes), but I want to be sure I am not starving them.

Do they always act so ravenous? Or am I starving my poor fish?

Advice always appreciated.

Yes they all do that. Don't worry . How much are u actually feeding them though? But did you know they will eat some algae?

If you are actually feeding them as much as they can eat in four minutes, you're probably feeding them too much. LOL Feed them twice a day, about as much as they can eat in 60 seconds at each meal. And just so you know....all fish appear to be "hungry"....thats just a natural instinct and response to seeing the hand that feeds them approach the tank.

OK, I'll cut it down to 1 minutes worth, twice a day instead of what I am doing. I have seen them doing what looks like eating off the gravel and ornaments. I assumed it was leftover food, but maybe it is some algae they are taking care of.

Thanks for the replies

My mollies are always hungry, they nibble at my hands when I am in the tank, at the gravel siphon when doing pwc's. Piggies they are.

My angels are little hog's to. whenever I walk past the tank they follow me and basicly beg for food but I try not to give in :roll: they look so cute when they do it.
I'd also do excatly what Andos does and cut it back to twice a day and whatever they can eat in 1 minute.
Good Luck :D

LOL I guess my fish are all like that, everyone thinks I am nuts because I stand in front of the tank and ask the fish, are you hungry? Just like I do to my cats. Note: I am not abnormal, everyone around me is abnormal. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom