Baby platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bgkf1996

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Very happy got my first ever baby Micky mouse platies today there tiny lol I have 24 at the moment :) :) :) How long until I can introduce them to my community ?????

Yay!!!! Congrats:). I'd add them in once they're big enough to not be eaten. Yay babies!

You can put them in the community tank when the fry are big enough to not fit in the adults' mouths.

P.S. Congrats!!!

Aces11 said:
You can put them in the community tank when the fry are big enough to not fit in the adults' mouths.
I'll have to be careful as the biggest fish I have could easily eat them ( angel , bgkf , ram , gourami ,) so I'll just have to wait until there bigger thanks :)

Wrong forum. This forum is for community news and announcements. Moved to FW general discussion.

:) ok I'll wait until then there on my u tube channel if u want to c them ( ruairi1996 )

I put mine in after 3 weeks, but there were only the parents in that tank and nothing voracious like angelfish. 1/2" might not be enough.

All I had in my tank was platys and guppies, and even though the fry were larger when I put them in the tank, the adults still attacked them and TRIED to eat them. They would bite them so the fry were like halfway in their mouths. Most all of them died except for the smallest one which avoided the adults I guess.
So release them when they will not even fit in the adults mouths.

Back
Top Bottom