Bala sharks gills stuck open???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

...joey...

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two and one of thems gills are stuck open I've found on the net it's gill flukes or something but I want to know if there's anything I can do or need to do to get rid of it and will it go back or just stay like that? I'm in the middle of changing my 300l tank to RO water and had a tiny little spike in ammonia a few days back which has probably caused it. Thanks for any help!

Awww that looks sad. :(. I'm not 100% sure on how to fix this, I know it can be caused by Bad water conditions not sure what else can cause this.

Here is a list of meds that can work so I read:

Treat with Clout, Fluke Tabs, Paraform, Trifon, Paragon, Quick Cure, Formalin, orParasite Guard. Gill flukes are highly contagious, therefore, all fish in the same aquarium should be treated

Calypso77 said:
Awww that looks sad. :(. I'm not 100% sure on how to fix this, I know it can be caused by Bad water conditions not sure what else can cause this.

Here is a list of meds that can work so I read:

Treat with Clout, Fluke Tabs, Paraform, Trifon, Paragon, Quick Cure, Formalin, orParasite Guard. Gill flukes are highly contagious, therefore, all fish in the same aquarium should be treated

Yeah that's would make sence had an ammonia spike the day before I noticed it but none of the others have it il get some treatment asap thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom