Best $5 buy I've had in a long time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just spent $5 and 4 books that I had read for all of this...

img_1767391_0_da425b9bca667ad1d2d73aca54fc8c01.jpg

10G
15G With Hood
20G
Box of Charcoal?
Weird sponge
Aqua Tech 5-15 Filter

(Actually spent $10 and got a neato hand saw as well)

All off a Facebook yard sale site :) The lady just wanted them all out of the house.

SOOOOO, I'm gonna get them cleaned up and added to my tank room so they can be cycled. I need stocking ideas now! :)

Wow nice find !!! I could name a lot of things to go in! what kind of tanks do you want?? What kind of fish(cichlids,community fish etc.)?? Any ideas??

Wow nice find !!! I could name a lot of things to go in! what kind of tanks do you want?? What kind of fish(cichlids,community fish etc.)?? Any ideas??

I HAD a 29G that I wanted to use for Cichlids but I noticed it has a good size crack in the bottom. So, I'd like to use the 20G for Cichlids and the 10 and 15 for regular tropicals.

Congrats on the great find!

For cichlids in a 20, I'd probably stick to dwarfs (nannacara, apistos, etc) or multies if you want an African tank.

Congrats on the great find!

For cichlids in a 20, I'd probably stick to dwarfs (nannacara, apistos, etc) or multies if you want an African tank.

I wanted to do a tank with Auratus cichlids. I know its better posted in the Cichlid forum but, will they be ok in a 20G?

IMO no. I haven't kept them personally though so you would probably be better served by posting a thread to receive more input.

IMO no. I haven't kept them personally though so you would probably be better served by posting a thread to receive more input.

Gotcha. I'm more concerned with the 10g and 15g tanks right now anyways. Here are a couple of questions:

1) The filter I got with the tanks has none of the inserts for it. The peices that normally hold the media bag and what not. Can I still rig it to work? I have a box of charcoal and I have some empty bio bags, can I just make one and wedge it in there?

2) I want to cycle these and speed it up by using some of the gravel from my established tank. How much gravel do I use AND, Do I just dump it right into the filter?

Gotcha. I'm more concerned with the 10g and 15g tanks right now anyways. Here are a couple of questions:

1) The filter I got with the tanks has none of the inserts for it. The peices that normally hold the media bag and what not. Can I still rig it to work? I have a box of charcoal and I have some empty bio bags, can I just make one and wedge it in there?

2) I want to cycle these and speed it up by using some of the gravel from my established tank. How much gravel do I use AND, Do I just dump it right into the filter?
1) yes. I do that with my marina slim 10 because I am cheap lol
2) Gravel wont do much. Better to grab some filter media from an established tank.

1) yes. I do that with my marina slim 10 because I am cheap lol
2) Gravel wont do much. Better to grab some filter media from an established tank.

I'm always paranoid about putting my media from one tank into another and then moving it back to the original tank. I would hate to mess up a tank that I spent weeks cycling, lol. Thats why I thought the gravel would work.

Yea lol I use a bag of ceramic rings to provide bb colonies a place to live.

Back
Top Bottom