Best lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
What lights would be good for a 20 gal tank? I want to put plants in soon I don't want to spend a lot of money on it I will make up my own stand to house the lighting up I was thinking maybe t5 flouresant bulb the tank is 2ft long

That's what I want to try I have got a shed light fixture that runs t5ho lights but it doesn't have the shield or anything so I'm going to fabricate it all up what I need to know is does it need a deflector and stuff?

Search your local craigslist. I'm an eBay junkie, 99% of the time that's where I find the best prices. You can also try aquabid.com

I realised how much effort it would be to make it all my self so I just bought a light set up ill post info on it soon

Odyssea makes a good dual bulb t5ho fixture for planted tanks, I think it runs a little under $40? I've heard a lot of good things about it, especially at the price it's at. It's hard to find anything much lower priced than that, that's good for planted tanks atleast.

I'm not much help on the DIY part of things other than if you do go that route, you'll probably spend about 1/2 what you would on the odyssea on bulbs alone. Reflectors are where you'll want to focus most of your DIY efforts as well.

other than that all I can suggest is to check out your local craigslist like someone has already mentioned.
I haven't ever found anyone selling aquarium lighting seperate, but that's in my area and we don't have a lot of fish hobbyists around here.

That one a bought is 34.99 and was about 16 for postage and it comes with everything I also bought a red globe to replace the blue one

Back
Top Bottom