Betta Cmpatibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add 2 pearl danios and 4 long fin zebra danios to by south east asia tank with one betta and teo coolie loaches.I want to know if the fish would go together.My tank is heavily planted with gian hygrophila,japanese cress,water shamrock,and hair grass.I feed my fish sinling pellets,live black worms,and freeze dried blood worms.

How big is the tank and how long has it been up and running?

The only problem I would see is that your betta is a slow moving fish and your danios might stress him out a bit with all the movement and chasing. But then again, your tank is heavily planted, so your betta should have no problems finding a comfy spot to hang out at.

Other then that, I personally think he would be ok.

well it is a 15 gallon tank that was based on a mix of asian set ups in my book.A biotope basically,in addition to the plants I have some driftwood .Well only one piece,influenced by my book.Most of the tank I made are in this book.Excluding the marine but you get it.It has been running for about.. 6 weeks.

I think you will be fine with the danios and the betta. I have a 10 gallon that houses 5 zebra danios and a male betta and everyone gets along very well. I was afraid the danios would nip, but they don't cast a glace in the betta's direction :)

They should all be fine just make sure your bettas dosen't seem streesed and his fins have to places where they have been nipped.

Dan :)

The problem with bettas is that it depends on the fish. Some don't stress easily whereas others do..

Back
Top Bottom