Betta fish feeding: picky eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjaminite22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I first introduced a beautiful male dumbo betta about a couple weeks ago, and he has been very tough to please lately. He won't eat any food unless it's been like a day or two since I've fed him, and he eats a flake normally but then he'll spit it out. He usually doesn't ignore it after that, he just keeps repeating for a few times and then he'll leave it alone. I've tried three different kinds of flakes, two different kinds of pellets, some freeze dried bloodworms, and even slow sinking granules. I know it takes a while to adjust, but this is after two weeks. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I started feeding mine a mix of frozen brine shrimp and betta pellets he likes the top fin ones and also tetra tropical color flakes. I feed him every other day and I feed him 2-3 times the day that I feed him he was VERY picky!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had same problem. My betta wouldn't eat anything and kept spitting out the flakes. But if you grind the flakes up really small he might eat it that way. Plus once he gets the taste for blodworms or brine shrimp he will love it. Mine loves bloodworms and brine shrimp now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So funny, I was about to post the same thread. Except, I've had mine for 8 months. He is very picky. He will eat dried blood worms. But that's it! Maybe I should skip a day of feeding and see if he gets less picky.

I feed my betta the betta pellets made by aqueon and since day one he has happily eaten them 2 times a day

Try the frozen bloodworms, not freeze dried. Mine lose it when I feed them that :)

Back
Top Bottom