Bicher Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was on the phone with Peter from AZGardens, and he says his senegal bichers have been in terrific shape and living without a single loss for about six weeks.

They are selling for only $8.. and are about 3 inches, maybe four inches long.

just offering a heads up.

they are super active he says .. it is a new fish for AZ gardens, so Peter was pretty stoked.

That's not a bad price for Polypterus senegalus, though PetsMart actually sells baby Senegal Bichirs for $4.99 each (as 'dinosaur eels'). It doesn't surprise me at all that his little P. senegalus are in good shape and that he's not losing many....bichirs are remarkably tough fish....even the little ones.

Thanks for the head's up!

-Joe

my walmart is selling them for 6.00 ranging in size between 2 and 5 inches... I've done well in restraining myself, but I hope they aren't there when I go back *sigh*

I really want to get an albino sooo bad, but i think having 2 in a 55gal would not be enough room and it also might just become fish torture for the other fish. My bichir has quite the personality and loves to keep the gouramis on there toes(well fins i guess). It is so tempting to go out and buy an albino one i think it would look so cool with my other one. Plus, who doesn't love a bichir they are so much fun to watch. Great lil fishies :D

Back
Top Bottom