Blood Parrot behavior change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meloyelo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got 2 blood Parrots in my 55 gallon community tank. One is around 4" and the other is roughly 3" tip to tip. The two are normally pretty docile and only chase each other around every now and again. Over the past couple of days I've noticed the larger of the two is acting way more aggresive. Almost like it's just ticked off at everyone else in the tank, especially the smaller BP. It was pretty bad last night. It chases that one around like it hates it at times. If I drop in a couple of algae wafers for the corys, it will bump them out of the way, but then not even try to eat any of it. It's also been digging a hole in the sand inside one of the caves. It gets a mouth full of sand, swims out to the front and spits it into a pile. It has also lost lots of it's orange color. It's more of a peach color now. Any idea what could be going on? If it keeps up, I might need to move it to a different tank before it totally stresses out the other fish.

Thanks!

Almost sounds like prespawning actions although I'm not entirely familiar with parrots behaviors. Maybe someone else will chime in and help you out.

Back
Top Bottom