Blue Rams and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ram Pictures

The 1st pic may be a female it kinda looks like there may be some color starting to show in the belly but it's hard to tell the dark area of the background also makes it hard to tell if the 2nd and 3rd spines in the dorsal fin are starting to elongate. the sunken belly on this one could be a sign of starvation or an internal parasite.

The 2nd pic could be female.

The 3rd pic is definately a male

Here's a pic of a pair
http://discusmadness.com/images/mivaimages/Rams-pair-200.gif

The second and third are same fish, it just cooperated better the second time. The first fish belly isnt sunken it ws the angle of the pic. I wish fish would strike a pose for me, lol.

The fish in the first pic appears to have ich. I would start treatment asap. Heat and salt works great for me and will probably be tolerated by the rams better than meds.

The fish in the first pic appears to have ich. I would start treatment asap. Heat and salt works great for me and will probably be tolerated by the rams better than meds.

If that's the same fish in the pics with the Serpae tetras, I totally agree you can see some progression in the white spots between the sets of pics.

If 2 and 3 are the same fish at different angles then it is a male.

severum mama said:
Could be, but to me it really looks like ich. Just a thought.

It is Ich I am treating with 84 degree heat and salt.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

That should do the trick, sorry for stating the obvious then! Good luck with your treatment. :)

They are GBRs. They will show better coloration when they are less stressed.

Back
Top Bottom