Bmarine's 125 gallon Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are alright! I like that they stay small! But i'm just hoping mostly for my stock to be haps, and a few peacocks!

You can do a synodontis acanthomias, get to be roughly 1 foot long and have forked barbels, google some pics about it, you will love it!

You can do a synodontis acanthomias, get to be roughly 1 foot long and have forked barbels, google some pics about it, you will love it!

Nah, too big. I want it to be just peacocks and haps, but i'n willing to receive advice on which ones of those!

Haha i want someone to help me out with stocking the peacocks and haps. ;) thanks though for trying with the bottom dwellers!

Finished cleaning the tank! Now hopefully this weekend getting the stand painted, and getting heaters and other stuff! I'm kinda thinking of getting a Via Aqua heater, a hydor theo heater, and maybe a smaller Fluval Series E.

Sounds like a plan! Post pics of the stuff you get and the stand! Is it going to be steel or wood?

It came with a nice wood cabinet stand, i'm just getting it repainted so it looks nice!

Man, that's pretty good! Are you painting the stand brown, or just adding gloss to the stand?

Painting it black, it was a little nicked up so i'm gonna get it looking nice again.

Well i'm just hoping to get all my equipment asap. Hopefully after this weekend, the stand will be painted, then i'll move it into the main part of my basement, fill it, and start cycling while i get the rest of the equipment!

Two 150 watt heaters one at either end is more than sufficient. Heaters only have so many on and off cycles before they stop working. So its best to have fewer or a lower watt heater that will stay on longer than ones that are constantly blinking off and on. I would spend the little extra and get colbalts.

Fill all the media basket but one with ceramic rings and fill the empty one with poly-fill to polish the water. Don't waste you money or biological filter space on stuff like purigen.

Two 150 watt heaters one at either end is more than sufficient. Heaters only have so many on and off cycles before they stop working. So its best to have fewer or a lower watt heater that will stay on longer than ones that are constantly blinking off and on. I would spend the little extra and get colbalts.

Fill all the media basket but one with ceramic rings and fill the empty one with poly-fill to polish the water. Don't waste you money or biological filter space on stuff like purigen.

Gotcha. I'll check out the heater prices at my LFS. Do you know if the Via Aqua quartz heaters are any good? I found a deal for a 300 watt one for only $18. And is polyfill just filter floss? And why not Carbon or Ammonia Remover?

Gotcha. I'll check out the heater prices at my LFS. Do you know if the Via Aqua quartz heaters are any good? I found a deal for a 300 watt one for only $18. And is polyfill just filter floss? And why not Carbon or Ammonia Remover?

There's a couple things you don't go cheap on and heaters are one of them, I've killed or almost killed fish because I tried to save a few bucks on heaters.

Polyfill is the stuff they put inside pillows and such, you can pick up a large bag at Walmart or craft store for a few bucks. It will last allot longer and be cheaper in the long run over filter floss.

There's no need to run carbon unless you're removing meds, you shouldn't need anything to remove ammonia if the tank is properly cycled and maintained through water changes.

K.I.S.S. , keep it simple stupid. Best way to approach aquariums, there's actually very few things you need all the rest is a waste of $$.

Gotcha, sounds good! At least i can save on that then! Also, i was given special Fx-5 filter pads...should i use those? I posted pics of them in my albums.

Back
Top Bottom